Bleach Dynasty RPG Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bored? Want to RP? Come visit TREASURE TOWN !
Want your own scrolling announcement? Buy one! GO HERE FOR MORE INFO
No Signature? No Avatar? Get one now!! CLICKER HERE!!! Free Signature & Avatar for the first 5 Customers!!!

+3
Hinamori44
Nance
war_makes_me_happy
7 posters

What makes you otaku?

war_makes_me_happy
    war_makes_me_happy
    Empowered soul

BD-cash : 99405

What makes you otaku? Empty What makes you otaku?

Post by war_makes_me_happy Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:02 am

Simple question:

What makes you an otaku?

I have anime tattooed over my body 8D...I rest my case >.>
    Nance
    Nance
    8th Division
    8th Division

BD-cash : 80494

What makes you otaku? Empty Re: What makes you otaku?

Post by Nance Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:44 am

I don't know. All I know is I'm an otaku years/decades/centuries/millennium before I was created by my parents. ><
    Hinamori44
    Hinamori44
    10th Division
    10th Division

BD-cash : 220566

Post by Hinamori44 Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:11 pm

Wah...I think about anime/manga all the time...a lot of people/things reminds me some manga/anime series...so manga/anime is a huge part of my life ^^ Think that this could be what makes me real otaku ^^
    Kio
    Kio
    Soul

BD-cash : 6904

Post by Kio Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:57 pm

Uhm.. Before, being an otaku was good.. But lately, especially being in Japan, Otakus have a bad rep. Otaku is derived from a Japanese term for another's house or family. So Today, most otakus, which are fans of Anime, Games, Cosplay, and Manga, are considered geeks or "People so obsessed with the thing they are a fan of, that they never leave their home"

In Japan there has been some negativity towards otaku and otaku culture. Brought on by Otaku Hate Crimes. Such as: The Akihabara Massacre and The Osaka School Massacre (Click the names to go to the Wiki page)... Those are just a few of the "Otaku Hate Crimes"

Its just horrible, considering Otaku used to mean house.. now the slang term has caused such things like this in Japan..
    (Oh.. wow look at this post xD)
    Sanba Yukimura
    Sanba Yukimura
    Empowered soul

BD-cash : 468914

Post by Sanba Yukimura Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:10 pm

I dont think im an Otaku. I used to be but now I only like bleach and Naruto. I dont even follow one piece anymore! and nobody really knows I like them except for like 1 friend. I dont think that qualifies for Otaku

I'm sorry things are o effed up over in Japan, I didnt think it could be that serious
    Kio
    Kio
    Soul

BD-cash : 6904

Post by Kio Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:13 pm

Yea, I didnt either, but looking up the word Otaku, brought up all that.. and i was like O.o.... Its scary i say.. that people do that stuff. I do not consider myself an otaku either. Not just cause of that.. Im kinda slightly off my anime watching.. I needs to catch up.. But yea.. Japanese people are crazy i swear o.o;

I mean, yea.. some are crazy xD
    Anime-A
    Anime-A
    Wandering soul

BD-cash : 7278

Post by Anime-A Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:26 pm

Other then my vast collection of anime memorabilia (DVD,manga, ECt..)

I would have to say what makes me a otaku is I am on a site like this and others which are now naturally a daily thing.
    Mirun
    Mirun
    9th Division Captain
    9th Division Captain

BD-cash : 6562

Post by Mirun Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:23 am

When I have my time and not busy from work and what not. I can only think of watching and catching up to my anime. I can easily say I catch up in one day. I have a giant video game collection, I have a giant anime collection, and starting a comic collection. I sound more like a geek then anything else, I like to use the term Gerk. Simply because people think Geek and Nerd are different. I put them together. But this was about Otaku. Anyway the point is that Otaku can simply be Gerk in American terms.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:37 pm