Bleach Dynasty RPG Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bored? Want to RP? Come visit TREASURE TOWN !
Want your own scrolling announcement? Buy one! GO HERE FOR MORE INFO
No Signature? No Avatar? Get one now!! CLICKER HERE!!! Free Signature & Avatar for the first 5 Customers!!!

+2
Nance
Loli Gaga
6 posters

Top 3 favorite romantic movie of all time [valentines day special]

Loli Gaga
    Loli Gaga
    Vizard
    Vizard

8th Division Oyabun
    Ocho Espada

BD-cash : 80722

Top 3 favorite romantic movie of all time [valentines day special] Empty Top 3 favorite romantic movie of all time [valentines day special]

Post by Loli Gaga Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:26 pm

ok, only three, but if you have more, do add, lets feel the love on that special special day.

my top 3 might be.

1 - the note book - i just love how their story went
    2 - titanic - everyone loves jack and rose, but that might just be me
    3 - ghost -oooooh myyy love, my darling, i hunger foooor yerrr touchhh...

ok yer turn ^^
    Nance
    Nance
    8th Division
    8th Division

BD-cash : 80494

Top 3 favorite romantic movie of all time [valentines day special] Empty Re: Top 3 favorite romantic movie of all time [valentines day special]

Post by Nance Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:48 pm

1. A Walk to Remember - dang. It made me cry. :(

2. Romeo + Juliet - waaaa. I love it.

3. Twilight - 8)
    Loli Gaga
    Loli Gaga
    Vizard
    Vizard

8th Division Oyabun
    Ocho Espada

Top 3 favorite romantic movie of all time [valentines day special] Empty Re: Top 3 favorite romantic movie of all time [valentines day special]

Post by Loli Gaga Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:13 pm

ZOMG , i forgot i love romeo and juliet too, it was nice @.@

but i think i'm liking the movie benjamin button, i think its uber romantic O.O
    Wenditi
    Wenditi
    Ronin
    Ronin

BD-cash : 18748

Post by Wenditi Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:55 pm

My is Shakespeare in love...I love it :)
    hmm now I don't remember any so maybe later :lol:
    Loli Gaga
    Loli Gaga
    Vizard
    Vizard

8th Division Oyabun
    Ocho Espada

Post by Loli Gaga Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:16 pm

lolol, its okay wendi chan, you can always ost more later when you recall something, i on the other hand posted more than 3 now @.@
    JennyReika
    JennyReika
    Empowered soul

BD-cash : 192645

Post by JennyReika Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:08 am

Hmmm, well I am not a huge fan of romantic movies, but I have some that I absolutely love.

1. Ever After
    2. The Notebook
    3. Bus Stop

Ever After
    A play on Cinderella with Drew Barrymore. It is her always contradicting the Prince and making him see new ways, even though he thinks that she isnt a regular peasant. I love how they tell the story of Cinderella in such a way. There is no fairy godmother, but there is a Leonardo DaVinci... and he saves the day... Also, Anjelica Huston plays a great evil stepmother, as well as her bratty daughters. But what I like about Danielle (aka the Cinderella) is that she makes her own luck.

The Notebook:
    Just all around, old fashioned romance. Its about a guy who is poor, and falls in love with a rich girl, and he wont give up on her no matter how many times she rejects him. They fall apart, but they always find their way back to each other somehow. Even when theyre apart, he keeps the promises he made to her. A long life of devoting yourself to only one person completely until you die... now thats romantic.

Bus Stop:
    A Marilyn Monroe movie, although very underrated, it is probably one of her best performances ever. Marilyn plays a girl named Cherry who is a showgirl... A young man who never had a girlfriend (a country boy) falls in love with her, but he doesnt exactly know how to treat a lady. He is used to when he wants something, since he is a cowboy, holding it down and hog tying it... but Cherry makes him realize that he cant force a woman to love him...

I have a few honorable mentions too...

How To Marry A Millionaire:
    3 friends (huge stars, Betty Grable, Marilyn Monroe, & Lauren Bacall) go to New York to try to persuade rich men to fall in love with them and marry them... They go on all kind of crazy adventures to make it happen...
    But they end up falling in love with great average hard working men... or so they think.

Gone With the Wind:
    Who cant love Scarlett O'Hara? Who can't love Rhett Butler? That famous line... "Frankly My Dear... I Don't Give A D@mn..." Everything Scarlett endures. It is a beautiful story about life and love. I am almost positive everybody has seen "Gone With the Wind"... It brings back a lot of memories for me. Through everything, the strong willed Scarlett finds out that she's not as strong as she thought, but becomes the person she should be.

Breakfast at Tiffany's:
    Based in New York, it is about an uptown girl named Holly Golightly. She is swank, and fab, and always bathed in gems. But Holly Golightly isnt all that she seems. When she falls in love with a man who is just as troubled as her, she tries to deny it. But in the end, with the help of a cat... named "Cat", she realizes, we cant deny what we are, and sometimes, we just have to be happy to have found our place.

Nightmare Before Christmas:
    Even though the basis isnt romantic... The character Sally brings an all new kind of romance to the story. Sally is a ragdoll who isnt allowed to experience anything on her own, but she makes sure that she will because of her love for one Jack Skellington, the Pumpkin King of Halloween Town. I love Sally. I think she is one of the best characters ever created.

Natural Born Killers:
    Just like a love story, boy meets girl, boy falls in love with girl, boy kills girls father, boy & girl go on major killing spree & get the death penalty. Mickey Knox is delivering meat to Mallorys family when he sees how horrible Mallory's life is. He kills her dad and they run off together... and so their romance and killing spree begins. Mickey & Mallory certainly have a modern day romance.

True Romance:
    Clarence loves Elvis, and always has a gun on him, he is an outlaw, and finds himself falling in love with a prostitute named Alabama. Clarence always finds opportunity in everything... and with Alabama on his side, he is flying high. The two lovers just get into all kinds of mischief and mayhem along the way.

Jerry Maguire:
    Always makes me cry. You know you guys would all cry too... Imagine completely loving a guy, and you just think, THIS GUY IS NEVER GOING TO GET IT!!!... You just decide to move on... He is too into himself and his job to care about you... But then, he comes the whole way back for you and says "You... complete me"... and of course, you, being the romantic you are, go with "Just shut up, you had me at hello"... Nerdy? Yes... Romantic? Yes.

West Side Story:
    One of my faves of all time, I could watch it repeatedly... YES... it is a play on Romeo and Juliet, and it IS a musical, so not a lot of guys digging it. But it is a classic reborn, with the Jets & the Sharks always going at it for terf... The leader of the Jets (the americans) best friend, Tony, falls in love with the leader of the Sharks (the puerto ricans) sister, Maria. All chaos then ensues.

Ghost:
    Yeah, so Swayze being a dead guy isnt exactly super romantic... But, a dead guy coming back to keep you safe because he loves you so much... that is. So, he gets Whoopi to make sure that youre safe and follows you around to make sure that nobody hurts you, and that guy aint leaving until he knows your safe!

Casablanca:
    Humphrey Bogart has always been a genius, and with Ingrid Bergman, they are a classic beautiful duo, even in black and white. The two lovers are two that unavoidably have to be taken apart from each other... I cry every time...

Romeo & Juliet:
    Yes, this is the one with Leonardo DiCaprio. Better than the original, yet still staying in the idea of Shakespeare's classic play, not changing the words at all... Its a beautiful, well put together spin on the classic. (Hey, I coulda went with Titanic but I didnt, altho, it could definitely be on here)

Bridget Jones's Diary & Bridge Jones: The Edge of Reason:
    I put them together because they belong together, the two movies revolve around a girl who happens to be a bit chubby, and just wants to find love. Bridget Jones is so much like us, the average girl, who wants a love that isnt average. Which she finds, giving all hope to women everywhere.

The Majestic:
    Jim Carrey plays a serious role in this love story. A film writer is accused of being a communist, and gets himself in a car accident and loses his memory. He is seen by an old man who swears he is his long lost son, an MIA WWII hero. His father owns the local shut down movie complex called "The Majestic". He ends up falling in love with a local girl... and while rebuilding the Majestic, he also starts to rebuild his life. Coincidentally, the government believes his disappearance has to do with his ties to communism... The movie plays out well, and I believe besides "23", its Carrey's best role... oh, and Ace Ventura of course... XD

Down With Love:
    An homage to old 60's romantic movies, Down With Love is set to beautiful colors, and a cute love story revolving around some little musical numbers. Its about a girl who was in love with a guy, and he hurts her. To get back at him, she gets a new look, and writes a book under a new name... But her plan backfires.

View From the Top:
    A trailer trashy girl dreams of becoming a high flying flight attendant on the biggest airline, and traveling the world. She works her way up, and eventually gets to where she wants to be... She wont let anything, not even love, hold her back. She then realizes, that sometimes, Paris isnt as great as it seems if you dont have someone to share the view with.

A Walk To Remember:
    Based on the book by Nicholas Sparks (the Notebook), Mandy Moore plays Jamie, a religious nerd who really is very unpopular, but sings like an angel. Shane West plays Landon, the popular boy who is always in trouble, but starts realizing that he has to change, and he does that with the help of Jamie. He ends up falling in love with the fragile girl, when he realizes she is not just a person, but a person who is good for him, but when he finds out that Jamie has leukemia, he realizes life isnt always fair, but we have to take love as it comes.

Yeah, its a long list right?
    Well, maybe I gave some ppl some ideas for Valentines Day... To me, there is a wide range of movies there, some great ones that arent too seriously romantic, and have some great stories, and even some pretty humorous parts to them as well.

I had about a billion I could name, but well... I figured I would go with a set list.

Anybody who knows me, knows when I go, I go big... I do things right! XD

Oh yeah, and I just had to say, that Sex & the City, although its a show, is full of romance and life and let downs. I love it and when I am feeling sad... I like to watch a lot of shows, but nothing is better than hearing Carrie Bradshaw say things like...

"The fact is sometimes it is hard to walk in a single woman's shoes, that's why we need really special ones now and then, to make the walk a little more fun."

and the great...

"Then I had a thought, maybe I didn't break Big. Maybe the problem was he couldn't break me. Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed. Maybe they need to run free, until they find someone just as wild, to run with."

Right on Carrie Bradshaw... right on.
    Hazou
    Hazou
    13th Division Captain
    13th Division Captain

BD-cash : 6974

Post by Hazou Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:22 am

Shakespeare in Love

Midnight Summer Dreams

Meet the Parents
    Wenditi
    Wenditi
    Ronin
    Ronin

BD-cash : 18748

Post by Wenditi Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:32 am

wow you like Shakespeare in love too...I glad to read it :lol: ...hmm I should recall more but I don't know at all...almost I would say I don't watch romantic films...
    Hazou
    Hazou
    13th Division Captain
    13th Division Captain

Post by Hazou Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:53 am

Wenditi wrote:wow you like Shakespeare in love too...I glad to read it :lol: ...hmm I should recall more but I don't know at all...almost I would say I don't watch romantic films...

Yeah Shakespeare in Love, was funny.
    I like romance comedies if I am ever going to watch romance.
    Because the comedy will distract me from the romance part of it.
    I also liked Wedding Singer.
    Nance
    Nance
    8th Division
    8th Division

BD-cash : 80494

Post by Nance Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:15 am

I also like romance comedies too XD like 50 first dates, 10 things I hate about you

i also like Just like Heaven, A lot like love, Alex and Emma, Shakespeare in love.. @_@
    Hazou
    Hazou
    13th Division Captain
    13th Division Captain

Post by Hazou Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:17 am

I saw Wedding Crashers as a romantic comedy, but I don't know.
    Big Daddy was a romantic comedy, I liked that one.
    Oh yeah Animal, ha greatest film on the planet
    Princess-of-Ice
    Princess-of-Ice
    Empowered soul

BD-cash : 29703

Post by Princess-of-Ice Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:30 pm

I love a lot of romantic films...hmm...there are my Top3:
    1.Pearl Harbor-I saw it about 100- times( or more?? XD) and I´ve always cryed
    2.Shakespeare in love- wow wow
    3.50first dates- wow wow wow

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:31 pm