Bleach Dynasty RPG Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bored? Want to RP? Come visit TREASURE TOWN !
Want your own scrolling announcement? Buy one! GO HERE FOR MORE INFO
No Signature? No Avatar? Get one now!! CLICKER HERE!!! Free Signature & Avatar for the first 5 Customers!!!

4 posters

A Very General Suggestion

Okami
    Okami
    Human
    Human

BD-cash : 4832

A Very General Suggestion Empty A Very General Suggestion

Post by Okami Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:08 am

Yo everybody. I hope you guys are havin' a great holiday season so far, whatever you may practice. Luck to those dealin' with family, Lord knows I am.

Anyway, I have a suggestion for this newly revamped site. I've been bothered by the restrictions on the Mess Hall lately ("No Religious, Gambling, Political, and Sexual Topics"). I'm very interested in others' opinions on certain controversial topics, that would fall under these categories. So, I'm proposing "The MATURE BOARD".

I've seen mature boards on plenty of other forums; some have worked, some haven't. The most successful type, from what I've experienced, is one that's restricted (whether it be post limit or password), and some sort of a "test" is administered for those under 18 to prove their maturity. There were also moderators for the actual board itself.

Of course, there are flaws in that as well, but I'm just throwing the idea out there. Lemme know if you agree, admins. We can lay down some more suggestions as well, I'm completely open to ideas. = )
    Ven Namikaze
    Ven Namikaze
    Rogue Shinigami
    Rogue Shinigami

BD-cash : 4193

A Very General Suggestion Empty Re: A Very General Suggestion

Post by Ven Namikaze Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:16 am

I remember a close RP friend of mine opening a mature RP forum section .-. Total waste. You drive away the more "mature" audience. (Mature as in those mature enough to stay away) Mature boards are really problematic, flaming, spam, etc. Persoanlly I don't care, but for a clean, friendly environment I would say no to the idea. However, I'm but a whisper. C:
    G-Prime
    G-Prime
    Human

BD-cash : 4172

Post by G-Prime Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:46 am

While I do like the idea, from my personal experience, those boards usually end up in flame wars due to the very passionate exchanges, and at some point, one of the most common practices of the internet becomes applicable : You lost your argument, scream and insult the other person until they stop proving you wrong.

Sad, I do love arguing and making my case, but a RP forum isn't usually the best place to do so.
    Loli Gaga
    Loli Gaga
    Vizard
    Vizard

8th Division Oyabun
    Ocho Espada

BD-cash : 80591

Post by Loli Gaga Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:38 am

We had that several years ago, but since no one really used.it and the ines qho.did.endes up in tears, so.we.decided.back.then that BD wasnt ready for something like that.

We also uave (still have) A MATURE SECTION FOR 18 YEARS UP.

but no one really uses.it any more, its mostly naughty.matue stuff.

-Moved to suggestion box-

Baka Red

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 11:12 am