Bleach Dynasty RPG Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bored? Want to RP? Come visit TREASURE TOWN !
Want your own scrolling announcement? Buy one! GO HERE FOR MORE INFO
No Signature? No Avatar? Get one now!! CLICKER HERE!!! Free Signature & Avatar for the first 5 Customers!!!

Writers-What are your methods about developing a character?

RahimBhai
    Soul

BD-cash : 5234

Writers-What are your methods about developing a character? Empty Writers-What are your methods about developing a character?

Post by RahimBhai Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:27 pm

I took a TV Workshop class in college in which I had to write out every characters backstory in a scene. I had to write out the crucial events in their life from birth up until the scene that was up. Their thoughts, their feelings, and their relationships to the other characters. I had to be able to answer any question about them, about their personality, their childhood, what their thoughts/feelings were, etc. Even if none of it was included in the scene (or story) it was important to know. This became so valuable in writing my own stories and scripts because I knew them so well. It seems overwhelming, but if you decide what kind of person you want them to be it helps. If you want to create a young punk who steals, smokes, and vandalizes, you can try to write what happened in his life to make him deviant, and how he feels about it, and how it affected the people around him.

Hopefully that helped, it really does help you create rich characterization because you know so so much about them and their lives, so you're not making it up as you go.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:26 pm