Bleach Dynasty RPG Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bored? Want to RP? Come visit TREASURE TOWN !
Want your own scrolling announcement? Buy one! GO HERE FOR MORE INFO
No Signature? No Avatar? Get one now!! CLICKER HERE!!! Free Signature & Avatar for the first 5 Customers!!!

+6
JasonVierus
Roukostu
Sanba Yukimura
Uriel
Shon Ben
Chico
10 posters

Removing all plot events {Discuss}

Chico
    Chico
    五行
    五行

BD-cash : 5213

Removing all plot events {Discuss} Empty Removing all plot events {Discuss}

Post by Chico Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:51 pm

Okay, since i've noticed people just wanting to go to the main fights without going through all the plot loop holes, it got me thinking.

If people just want to fight and RP without any strings or whatever.

We don't need events for you to have that, nor site wide plots, we can just go as we like and fight as we fight without changing any flow of events that affect a greater scheme of things.

You dont even need to have detailed histories and stuff, you will all just really be, all on your own, within your division or the other places, doing what you like, no wars, no casualties, just like all the other RP's.

But before anything, we ask you first, do you like something like that?
    Shon Ben
    Shon Ben
    The Living Saint

BD-cash : 5340

Removing all plot events {Discuss} Empty Re: Removing all plot events {Discuss}

Post by Shon Ben Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:13 pm

I do not agree with this at all
    Eventually, the whole thing will go down if it's like that. Stuff needs to happen, plots, events, not just fighting here and there and that be it. I may not know BD well, since i've been here for about a year now, but, BD doesn't need to get rid of all plot events. I mean, what's going to happen, everyone just keeps fighting. Eventually it'll get boring, nothing will happen.
    Uriel
    Uriel
    法伦天使
    法伦天使

BD-cash : 5323

Post by Uriel Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:45 pm

To too disagree with this
    If need be, I will go and take my own approach to the situation.
    The plot forcefully involves itself into the area.
    Meaning, the angels warp themselves to key areas with people and kicks all there asses so they wont have a choice as to what they are going to do.
    Sanba Yukimura
    Sanba Yukimura
    Empowered soul

BD-cash : 468914

Post by Sanba Yukimura Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:07 pm

Oh come one ruru thats what BD is. no way we need the site wide plots and events, are yu crazy?!lol this is no longer needed because everyone whos on this site is here because of how original and awesoem WE ALL have made it in the past year. we have to keep it how it is with these events or else BD will die like every other terrible bleach site
    Roukostu
    Roukostu
    8th Division
    8th Division

BD-cash : 8493

Post by Roukostu Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:21 am

I especially don't think that's a good idea, this is the only bleach website i know that actually do plots, the others just don't do anything really and it's boring, so i don't think it's a good idea to get rid of the plots.
    JasonVierus
    JasonVierus
    Menos
    Menos

BD-cash : 5965

Post by JasonVierus Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:55 am

No...More..Plotz?! INSANITYYY!! We need plots. It is boring just playing in a world that we can't affect. If we can't affect the world, why play in it? Plots are necessary, fighting times and non-fighting times. I haven't been here for long, but I think that the plots make this site truly unique and fun, and also, people put forth a lot more effort when there's a plot. People take time to make plots for us, so we should play them :) Also, if we get rid of plots, the major battles will go poof. It will simply turn into a site where everyone gets bored eventually and then leaves.
    Kyouga
    Kyouga
    Espada
    Espada

BD-cash : 11727

Post by Kyouga Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:02 am

I agree thoroghly with not removing plots. Sure, we like to do random stuff, but it is the plots that keeps people coming. Without plots users would start leaving after a while.
    Baka Yukimura
    Baka Yukimura
    Empowered soul

BD-cash : 42400

Post by Baka Yukimura Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:39 am

That is a rather stupid idea, I mean even tho the plots in the RPs are rather confusing, they're still plots, they still give you some type of idea as to why you're fighting. Take away the plots and story structure and BD will just sink into Anarchy.
    Loli Gaga
    Loli Gaga
    Vizard
    Vizard

8th Division Oyabun
    Ocho Espada

BD-cash : 80722

Post by Loli Gaga Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:23 pm

Okay then, that's all i needed to know really
    Haji Yukimura
    Haji Yukimura
    Empowered soul

BD-cash : 47321

Post by Haji Yukimura Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:29 am

So my two cents will be simple.

There is no need to get rid of site wide events/stories/plots, because these things are what tie the forum together. Every RPer needs a goal or purpose, as given by these events, in order to have something to work for.

However there is value to free moving and being on your own a bit.

I would propose using both ideas as one. By that I mean allowing people to free roam and fight, as you have named it, but at the same time, keep main plots. Basically treat each division or group as sovereign nations.

Think of it like events in real life. Will nations, or in this case divisions, may ally themselves to battle a common threat, alliances shift as they suit the participants.

Now that takes care of groups, but also keep this in mind; every person has the gift of freewill. If they choose to fight for an alliance against a site wide threat, cool, but they can also choose to do nothing, or choose to pursue individual agendas. This makes the RP character more like a real person; the ability to choose.

I mean, on many occasions, I myself and in discussion with RuRu, have toyed with the idea of using current events to pursue my own goals so to speak. Basically just to add spice to things, but also because I thought it would be interesting to see how people would react when they have to choose to go off to war, or to stay and defend their own territories.

I've always been a fan of free roam worlds and RPGs but I agree solidly that there need to be site wide events it order to create goals.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 8:52 am