Bleach Dynasty RPG Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bored? Want to RP? Come visit TREASURE TOWN !
Want your own scrolling announcement? Buy one! GO HERE FOR MORE INFO
No Signature? No Avatar? Get one now!! CLICKER HERE!!! Free Signature & Avatar for the first 5 Customers!!!

+3
Nance
JennyReika
Kambly
7 posters

Discussion: St Patricks Banner Competition

Kambly
    Kambly
    Empowered soul

BD-cash : 156853

Discussion: St Patricks Banner Competition Empty Discussion: St Patricks Banner Competition

Post by Kambly Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:59 pm

In celebration of the wonderful St Patricks Day, we're holding a banner competition, which will mean prizes for participants.

As for the voters, tough luck.

To make the competition official, we need:

- prizes (cash and rep)
    - a maximum and minimum size
    - a deadline for entries and voters
    - and participants!

So, lets discuss!
    JennyReika
    JennyReika
    Empowered soul

BD-cash : 192644

Discussion: St Patricks Banner Competition Empty Re: Discussion: St Patricks Banner Competition

Post by JennyReika Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:13 pm

Well, I think that since St. Patricks Day is on the 17th, perhaps the prizes should be as such?

17,000 for the person who wins the Banner competition?

and then a Pot of Gold (CP's Idea)
    Where it could be random or something?

and maybe that could be 17,000 too.

The deadline should be the Friday the 27th, to have all of your banners done...

Then that gives us a day or so to get them up into a thread for voting...

Then the poll can be up for a week...
    So it would be around the 6th...

That would give time for the rewards to be given to the winners, and time to organize before the Banner and stuff goes up, which should be around the 10th, since St. Patricks Day is the 17th, thats when it would come down.

And, I will be participating in the banner contest XD
    Nance
    Nance
    8th Division
    8th Division

BD-cash : 80493

Discussion: St Patricks Banner Competition Empty Re: Discussion: St Patricks Banner Competition

Post by Nance Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:37 pm

Don't wanna think much right now. lol

Prizes and sizes can be the same as the previous contests.

Deadlines.. I'm gonna go with Jenny XD
    Emma-Hell Girl
    Emma-Hell Girl
    10th Division
    10th Division

BD-cash : 60607

Post by Emma-Hell Girl Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:49 pm

To be honest, I don't think it's necessary to make a theme or competition just for St Patricks day. I mean it's not a big holiday and not everywhere celebrate it. Making a theme or compitition for it seems like a bit too much work. If you would like to celebrate it then we might just make an event for it or something.
    Dio
    Dio
    Empowered soul

BD-cash : 6852

Post by Dio Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:02 pm

jenny seems to have the right of it
    banner size i think should be no larger than the current banner.
    i honestly think thats the ideal size
    JennyReika
    JennyReika
    Empowered soul

Post by JennyReika Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:57 pm

*huggles Moony*

T.T Sorry Moony, I already had a poll up and 8 ppl said that they wanted a banner and everything for St. Patrick's Day...

So, its pretty much a done deal now, we're just trying to work out specifics.

As for banner size... Most of them are around 800 x 300, so I think thats what we should stick with.
    Haji Yukimura
    Haji Yukimura
    Empowered soul

BD-cash : 47320

Post by Haji Yukimura Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:14 am

To be honest, I don't really care what we do, but I have no idea why whether we do it or not is really a big deal.

I mean, come on, it's a holiday, big whoop. We do stuff for all the other holidays, so why not do one for this?

I mean, all this discussion, it's not like it's a crisis.

Let's just make a decision and move with it.

If we don't do our best to try and doing something special for all of them, we shouldn't do anything for any of them. Plain and simple.
    FallenBabyDoll
    FallenBabyDoll
    4th Division
    4th Division

BD-cash : 6702

Post by FallenBabyDoll Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:16 am

JennyReika wrote:Well, I think that since St. Patricks Day is on the 17th, perhaps the prizes should be as such?

17,000 for the person who wins the Banner competition?

and then a Pot of Gold (CP's Idea)
    Where it could be random or something?

and maybe that could be 17,000 too.

The deadline should be the Friday the 27th, to have all of your banners done...

Then that gives us a day or so to get them up into a thread for voting...

Then the poll can be up for a week...
    So it would be around the 6th...

That would give time for the rewards to be given to the winners, and time to organize before the Banner and stuff goes up, which should be around the 10th, since St. Patricks Day is the 17th, thats when it would come down.

And, I will be participating in the banner contest XD

I agree with Jenny.

So where would we put our banners?
    Or who would we PM?
    JennyReika
    JennyReika
    Empowered soul

Post by JennyReika Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:37 am

Well, I am willing to be the one that ppl PM with everything and then I would put up the poll.

But that is if Amy, Ruru, Khia, Moony, and all them... XD dont mind, so I guess its up to them too....

If they dont mind me doing it, then I will take everybodys submissions via PM.

The poll will be anonymous, so you cant put your name on it, just Happy St. Patrick's Day and Bleach Dynasty. Something like that.
    FallenBabyDoll
    FallenBabyDoll
    4th Division
    4th Division

BD-cash : 6702

Post by FallenBabyDoll Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:50 am

JennyReika wrote:Well, I am willing to be the one that ppl PM with everything and then I would put up the poll.

But that is if Amy, Ruru, Khia, Moony, and all them... XD dont mind, so I guess its up to them too....

If they dont mind me doing it, then I will take everybodys submissions via PM.

The poll will be anonymous, so you cant put your name on it, just Happy St. Patrick's Day and Bleach Dynasty. Something like that.

Would just using the color Green be okay and be considered St. Patricks day?
    Does it need St. Patricks day in it?
    JennyReika
    JennyReika
    Empowered soul

Post by JennyReika Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:10 am

It doesnt HAVE to say anything about St. Patricks Day as long as it gets the point across...

BUT...
    It cant say your name anywhere on it, thats the point.

It is preferred that it says Bleach Dynasty on it though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:51 am